|Update for Route 255 Project in St Marys, Week of July 30|
St Marys – Work to improve Route 255 in Fox Township and St Marys is underway. The work zone stretches from the Route 948 intersection in Fox Township to the intersection for Tractor Supply. Once the project completes in late summer 2013, travel along this section of Route 255 will be smoother and more efficient. PennDOT will issue regular updates on this project.
Activity the week of July 30 will include work from approximately Greenbriar Drive (T-593) to the intersection at Tractor Supply.
• Changing traffic patterns: The northbound and southbound travel (right) lanes will be closed 24 hours a day/7 days a week until the work listed below is complete. The northbound and southbound passing lanes will remain open to through traffic.
• The contractor will be placing concrete curb.
• The contractor will be performing drainage work.
• Motorists should allow for additional commute time due to periodic traffic congestion at the Walmart intersection and traffic signal.
• Motorists are advised to watch for slow moving and stopped vehicles through the entire work zone. Traffic congestion may be heavy at times and motorists need to use caution and remain patient.
Overall work includes concrete repair, paving, installation of overhead signage, drainage improvements, concrete curbing, guide rail updates, and pavement markings.
This project is expected to overlap with PennDOT’s other Route 255 project that will begin in 2013. That project will stretch from the Tractor Supply intersection to Route 120 in downtown St Marys. All work is weather and schedule dependent. New Enterprise Stone & Lime Company, Inc. is the contractor on this $6.3 million project.
Follow PennDOT on Twitter at www.twitter.com/511PAStateCOLL.