|Indiana, Pa. - PennDOT Engineering District 10 announces that construction bids were recently opened for two contracts for various surface improvements on state routes in Indiana County. |
The apparent low bidder for the Indiana County Surface Improvement A (SIA) contract is Quaker Sales Corp. of Johnstown with a bid of $1,757,583.94. Three bids were received for the project that includes the following improvements:
• Route 22 - 2.6 miles from Route 56 to Route 403 in East Wheatfield Township; bituminous and concrete patching and paving on Route 22 and concrete replacement on the eastbound and westbound Route 22/56 ramps.
• Route 403 - 2.45 miles in East Wheatfield Township north of the Cambria County line; paving, drainage improvements and waterproofing of bridge decks.
• Route 259 - Build up of road and paving at the Route 56 intersection in West Wheatfield Township to improve sight distance.
The apparent low bidder for the Indiana County Surface Improvement B (SIB) contract is Quaker Sales Corp. of Johnstown with a bid of $2,282,469.46. Two bids were received for the project that includes paving, bridge work and drainage improvements on the following routes:
• Route 286 - 4.7 miles in Cherryhill and Green townships and Clymer Borough.
• Route 422 - 0.6 miles in Shelocta Borough and Armstrong Township.
• Route 4032 (Philadelphia Street) - 1.22 miles in Indiana Borough between Route 4422 (Ben Franklin Road) and Route 286 (Oakland Avenue).
The SIB contract includes the paving of two bridge decks - the Route 403 bridge in Marion Center and the Route 1008 (Hood School Road) bridge near the Route 1005 (Allen Bridge Road) intersection - after work is performed at the sites by Indiana County maintenance forces.
The bids, opened in Harrisburg, will be reviewed to ensure all necessary specifications are met, and then the contract itself will be awarded to the low bidder who adequately meets those specifications.
For more information on roadway construction and maintenance operations, access PennDOT District 10's website at www.dot.state.pa.us/district10.