|More than $1.8 million in improvements|
Indiana, PA (Feb. 28) – PennDOT Engineering District 10 is pleased to announce that construction bids for two contracts for various surface improvements on State Routes in Jefferson County were opened on Thursday, February 16, 2006.
The apparent low bidder for the Surface Improvement (Group #105-06-SIB) contract is Glenn O. Hawbaker, Inc. of State College, PA, with a bid amount of $1,807,007.00 Three bids were received for the project that includes improvements on 8.89 miles of the following State Routes:
- Route 219 (1.62 miles) in Snyder Township and Brockway Borough
- Route 28 (0.09 miles) in Brockway Borough
- Route 322 (2.66 miles) in Pine Creek Township and Brookville Borough
- Route 28 ( 0.04 miles) in Brookville Borough
- Route 36 (0.06 miles) in Brookville Borough
- Route 899 (0.07 miles) in Barnett Township
- Route 950 (4.02 miles) in Winslow Township and Falls Creek Borough
- Route 830 (0.02 miles) in Winslow Township and Falls Creek Borough
- Route 1021 (0.31 miles) in Washington and Snyder Townships
Construction for both surface improvement projects is expected to begin, weather permitting, in April 2006 and be completed by Fall.
The bids, opened in Harrisburg, will be reviewed to ensure all necessary specifications are met; and then the contract itself will be awarded to the low bidder who adequately meets those specifications.
For more information on roadway construction and maintenance operations, access District 10's website at www.dot.state.pa.us, then click "regional information" and the "10" on the map. Weekly construction and maintenance schedules are posted on the site.