|More than $5.8 million in improvements|
Indiana, PA (April 12) – PennDOT Engineering District 10 is pleased to announce that construction bids for two contracts for various surface improvements on State Routes in Indiana County were opened on Thursday, March 30, 2006 and Thursday, April 6, 2006.
The apparent low bidder for the Surface Improvement (Group #104-06-SIB) contract is IA Construction Corporation of Concordville, PA, with a bid amount of $2,859,543.30. Three bids were received for the project that includes improvements on 20.13 miles of the following
- Route 2017 ( 12.52 miles) in Burrell Township
- Route 3024 (.94 mile) in White Township
- Route 4018 (4.01 miles) in West and South Mahoning Townships
- Route 4006 (0.01 mile) in Washington Township
- Route 4422 (4.35 miles) in White Township
The apparent low bidder for the Surface Improvement (Group #104-06-SID) contract is Derry Construction, Inc. of Latrobe, PA, with a bid amount of $3,067,283.16. Three bids were received for the project that includes improvements on 15.86 miles of the following State Routes:
- Route 403 ( 5.03 miles) in Pine Township
- Route 22 (1.62 miles) in East Wheatfield Township
- Route 2024 (2.21 miles) in East Wheatfield Township and Armagh Borough
- Route 286 (7.0 miles) in Young, White, Blacklick and Center Townships
Construction for both surface improvement projects is expected to begin, weather permitting, in May 2006 and be completed by fall.
The bids, opened in Harrisburg, will be reviewed to ensure all necessary specifications are met; and then the contract itself will be awarded to the low bidder who adequately meets those specifications.
For more information on roadway construction and maintenance operations, access District 10's website at www.dot.state.pa.us, then click "regional information" and the "10" on the map. Weekly construction and maintenance schedules are posted on the site.