|More than $6.3 million in improvements|
Butler, PA (April 12) – PennDOT Engineering District 10 is pleased to announce that construction bids for two contracts for various surface improvements on State Routes in Butler County were opened on Thursday, March 30, and Thursday, April 6, 2006.
The apparent low bidder for the Surface Improvement (Group #102-06-SIB) contract is IA Construction Corporation of Concordville, PA, with a bid amount of $3,121,415.10. Three bids were received for the project that includes improvements on 10.05 miles of the following
- Route 68 (1.26 miles) in Zelienople Borough
- Route 3021 (3.42 miles) in Cranberry and Jackson Townships and Evans City Borough
- Route 4008 (4.87 miles) in Brady and Slippery Rock Townships and Slippery Rock and West Liberty Boroughs
- Route 1006 (0.05 mile) in Fairview Township
The apparent low bidder for the Surface Improvement (Group #102-06-SIA) contract is Glenn O. Hawbaker, Inc. of State College, PA, with a bid amount of $3,232,320.00. Three bids were received for the project that includes improvements on 8.15 miles of the following State
- Route 356 (2.98 miles) in Buffalo and Winfield Townships
- Route 8 (2.79 miles) in Buffalo and Center Townships
- Route 2005 (2.38 miles) in Saxonburg Borough
Construction for both surface improvement projects is expected to begin, weather permitting, in May 2006 and be completed by fall.
The bids, opened in Harrisburg, will be reviewed to ensure all necessary specifications are met; and then the contract itself will be awarded to the low bidder who adequately meets those specifications.
For more information on roadway construction and maintenance operations, access District 10's website at www.dot.state.pa.us, then click "regional information" and the "10" on the map. Weekly construction and maintenance schedules are posted on the site.