PennDOT Office of Policy & Public Private Partnerships
|What is a P3 Project?|
|A P3 project is a contractual agreement between a public entity and private entity that:|
- Transfers the responsibility of a facility’s engineering, construction, operation and/or maintenance to the private sector for a defined period of time;
- Allows the private sector to perform by contract a service previously provided by the public sector; and
- Ensures the private firm receives payments either from existing revenue sources or through the collection of new tolls or user fees.
|The two basic P3 project types are:|
- New Build Facilities – Adding capacity to the system by building something new.
- Existing Facilities – Improving capacity or performance of the current system through a P3 arrangement.
|Updated 5/1/13 – The opportunity for the private sector to submit Public Private Transportation Partnership proposals to PennDOT and the P3 Transportation Board begins May 1 and continues until May 31. Proposals must be submitted electronically through the P3 Office website by accessing the project candidate form link on the left side of this page. Additional information on the unsolicited project proposal and review process can be found in the guidelines approved by the P3 Transportation Board below.|
|Updated 1/9/13 – Implementation Manual & Guidelines for Solicited and Unsolicited Projects|
|Unsolicited Proposals will be accepted by the P3 Office and the P3 Transportation Board for Commonwealth Projects from May 1 -31st and from October 1-31st, 2013. Additional information to formally transmit a proposal will be provided in advance of May 1. Non-Commonwealth entities (Public Entities outside the Governor’s Jurisdiction) may establish their own opportunities for the Private Sector to submit unsolicited proposals and/or choose to accept proposals at any time.|
|Public Private Transportation Partnership Board|
Barry Schoch, P.E. (Chair)
Secretary of Transportation
Secretary of the Budget
Chairman, President and CEO
Aqua America, Inc.
Past Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Gannett Fleming, Inc.,
Laborer’s District Council of Philadelphia and Vicinity
Hon. Steve Santarsiero
PA House of Representatives
Emails to the board may be sent to: P3ForPA@pa.gov
|For more information please contact:|
|Bryan Kendro, Director|
Office of Policy & Public Private Partnerships
PennDOT Office of Policy &Public Private Partnerships
P.O. Box 3545
Harrisburg, PA 17105