Bridge Standard Drawings
Web Site Information:
The PENNDOT BDTD Publications Mailing
List (PENNDOT-BDTD-PUBS) provides information for BDTD publications. This
is meant to provide publication update information as an aid to engineers
and contractors working on bridge design and construction projects.
To The Mailing List
- You may subscribe to the PENNDOT-BDTD-PUBS Mailing List
by clicking on the link, email@example.com.
- After sending
to the address above, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. You
must reply to that e-mail in order to complete the
subscription process. The confirmation e-mail may take up to
several hours to
From The Mailing List
For Reporting Bridge Standard Problems
- You may send an e-mail to PENNDOT BDTD to ask a question about
a particular standard. To send an e-mail simply
click on the link, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When an e-mail is sent
to PENNDOT BDTD,
please be advised that your message is
sent to the moderators of the list only. Your message will never
be sent directly
everyone on the
mailing list. If you bring up an issue
that results in a change to the bridge standards,
the moderators will prepare and distribute
a formal e-mail notification.
- Active e-Notifications for PennDOT Bridge Design Standards (Publication 218M)
- Archived e-Notifications for PennDOT Bridge Design Standards (Publication 218M, 2010 Edition through Change 2)
- Archived e-Notifications for PennDOT Bridge Design Standards (Publication 218M, 2003 Edition and its Changes 1 through 6)
How do I view
To view an individual sheet or an entire standard
- Select a link from the drop down menu that corresponds to each
standard title. When you choose a link, the sheet(s) will open
in Adobe Reader. If you do not have Adobe Reader installed,
click the Adobe
Reader icon below and follow the instructions.
Bookmarks - If you are in Adobe Reader looking
at a particular sheet of a standard, click the bookmarks to the left
of the sheet to go to another sheet in the same standard. You must
have your navigation pane, or bookmarks, visible.
Adobe Reader Version 6 - If you experience problems
opening a standard, you may have an older version of Adobe Acrobat.
Adobe Acrobat was used when creating this site. To download the
newest version, go to Adobe's
Navigating - If you want to navigate through the
pages of a multiple page document, use Acrobat's page navigation tools
at the top or at the bottom of the screen. The page number display
on the bottom toolbar shows the number of the page you are on with
the total number of pages in the document. In the New Products portion
of this site, some long documents are broken into groups, such as
"Sheets 8-11." The page number display when viewing this
document would show the total number of pages as four (page 8, 9,
10, and 11). Note that it will not say "8 of 11" on the
first page of this document, but will say "1 of 4."
do I print a standard?
Printing a standard
- Select a link from the drop down menu that corresponds to
each standard title. (Follow the directions above for viewing
a standard if you have any problems opening the file.)
- Click the printer icon in Adobe Reader.
Printing a specific detail or a portion of a
- Select the sheet from the drop down menu.
- Choose the graphics selection tool.
- Select the detail you want to print by clicking and dragging
to form a box, or marquee, around the area.
- When the marquee fully outlines the area you want to print,
click the printer icon.
- Ensure that "selected graphic" is checked in the
print dialog, choose your printer, and click "OK.
here to download Adobe Reader